Stormy

Stormy

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Move to Germany - become a fitness model!

Of course anyone who knows me would understand that I am far from the picture of fitness commonly associated with the crazy trainer from Biggest Loser (although I have been working out now that I'm unemployed...sort of...)

But, apparently I was not far off when I said I was skinny in Germany (compared to California standards of course!)

I went out for a run in the Herrengarten (which for those who don't speak German apparently translates loosely to the "man's garden". If I were a feminist I might be annoyed). It's a park across the street from our apartment with a nice pond in the middle, lots of ducks, occasional Herons and a few nice running paths. Usually I can do 3.5 runs around in about half an hour so if I don't feel like walking out to the gym (ie if I get out of bed after 10am and feel lazy) I can at least do some exercise and feel good about myself.

I was just at the beginning of lap number 3 when I turned a corner and saw a man with a very fancy looking camera and another in work out clothes staring at me smiling as I ran up. I was convinced that either the Mormons or Jehovah's witnesses were changing their approach in order to relate to the young people, however, after the usual "blah blah blah" in German and my "Sprechen sie englisch?" we established that a local newspaper was doing an article on a fitness group and were wondering if I minded posing for pictures with the trainer. Who am I to say no to what will undoubtedly be the beginning of my modeling career!

We did a couple of tricep dips and a few photos of us jogging together, exchanged e-mails and I was on my way. If I get copies of the photos I will surely post them (unless I'm not sucking in my gut, in which case forget it!).

The trainers website is www.bartel-personal-trainer.de

Check it out

I'll be sitting at home waiting for my call from Vogue.

4 comments:

  1. Now that's funny. How is the training for the lurig run coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went for a run the other day. It was the first one in a long while. There were some kids laughing and taking pictures, but I don't think the intentions were good. Any of those pics surface on the net, and I'm denying it's me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its hard to hide talent. It must come with the genes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! Although that trainer's smile looks a bit creepy on his site - like he can't decide whether to train his clients or eat them.

    ReplyDelete