Stormy

Stormy

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day!


Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian and Expat Canadian friends!

Incidentally, it's also Stormy's 12th birthday, so happy birthday to my little old kitty.

Since today is day 1 of the move, I had almost forgotten it was Canada Day. I'm sitting here with nothing to do but watch 4 boys pack up our house (with great efficiency I might add) and started surfing the web for Canadian expat sites in Germany and found numerous Canada day parties abroad. Hopefully we can partake next year!

Mark is off organizing the selling of the Dodge Ram, banking details, customs paperwork and visa things so I'm here alone with the movers. It's kind of awkward sitting around with nothing to do while they work so hard, and yet I wouldn't trade having packers for anything. My best advice to anyone out there who is planning a move is spend the money on packers. It's worth EVERY PENNY!

Stormy is hiding under the couch, having a heart attack no doubt because of the activity. If he only knew what was in store for him on Sunday!

We will be staying at a fancy hotel tonight (on the company dime!) so I'm looking forward to that. It will feel like a vacation after the chaos at home. Then back to more of the same tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment